Simple Omurice. This Easy Omurice Recipe is a delicious way to mix up your egg routine. Inspired by the Japanese Omurice, I make my own version of this Japanese Omelet Rice simple, easy, and tasty, with quick-cooking rice, shredded chicken, eggs, and plenty of veggies flavored with sesame oil, soy sauce, and ketchup! Today's recipe is Omurice, or Japanese Omelette Rice.
Omurice, or Omuraisu as it's pronounced in Japan, is a portmanteau of "Omelette" and "Rice." It's unclear where the dish originated, but in Japan, Omurice is considered yōshoku(western food), and it was probably created around the turn of the last century when western-style cafes became popular. This omurice recipe was adapted from From Just One Cookbook - Essential Japanese Recipes by Namiko Chen. Filled with chicken thighs, mixed vegetables, and some cheddar cheese, this variant is quick and easy, and hence perfect for a quick lunch or dinner. You can cook Simple Omurice using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Simple Omurice
- Prepare 1 butir of telur.
- You need 1 sdm of air.
- It's 3 butir of bawang merah.
- It's 2 siung of bawang putih.
- Prepare 1 buah of sosis, dipotong sesuai selera.
- You need 1 mangkok kecil of nasi (±200g).
- You need 3 sdm of minyak goreng, untuk menumis.
- You need 1 sdt of garam.
- It's 1/2 sdt of kaldu jamur.
- You need 1/2 sdt of lada.
- You need 1 sdm of kecap manis.
- You need 1 sdt of minyak wijen.
Omurice is often served at western style Japanese restaurants where Hamburger Steaks and Curry and Rice are also on the menu. Omurice, a beloved staple of Japanese home cooking, is a linguistic and literal mash-up of omelet and rice A plain omelet cloaks ketchup-flavored fried rice, often called "chicken rice" even when it's made with ham or bacon, or no meat at all It belongs to the category of so-called Western food know as yoshoku The ingredients for omurice should be easy to find in your area so you should definitely try it out. Add to Meal Plan: This recipe has been added to your Meal. Omurice (オムライス) is a loanword from both Omelette (omuretsu, オム レツ) and Rice (raisu, ライス).
Simple Omurice instructions
- Disiapkan bahan² dan dikocok telur dengan air..
- Dituang sedikit minyak goreng lalu dilap dengan tisu agar minyak merata lalu dimasukkan kocokan telur. Dimasak sesuai kematangan yg diinginkan. Lalu disisihkan..
- Ditumis bawang merah dan bawang putih dgn minyak goreng sampai harum. Lalu dimasukkan sosis, diaduk rata..
- Dimasukkan nasi, garam, kaldu jamur, lada, kecap dan minyak wijen lalu diaduk rata. Koreksi rasa. Diangkat..
- Sajikan dengan dibentuk atau sesuai selera 😍.
In this recipe, fried rice is seasoned with sweet and sour flavor of ketchup and tomato puree, and tucked inside a thin blanket of golden fluffy omelette. Omurice is a Japanese word for "omelet and rice" and is an omelet wrapped around fried rice and topped with ketchup--a perfect example of Western influence on Japanese cuisine. In Japan, you will find omurice cooked at home and served at Western-style diners. Omurice can also be served with Japanese curry sauce or demi-glace. Today I'm finally sharing my omurice recipe with you all!!!